Whew. So after a week of not gathering linkspam, we’ve got a lot today. So without further ado, here’s your daily linkspam of ladies, geekery, and the random Pokemon story.
- Proposed guidelines for the ethical use of Twitter data.
- Wendy’s Offers Superman and Wonder Woman Toys that don’t suck.
- Art Zine “Fight” invites illustrators to create their own Female Fighting Game Characters. I’m not sure there’s ever been a title that has appealed to me on so many different levels before. Then I saw the art. (You can find more on the tumblr)
- Helene Bertinelli has always been sicillian – her recent color change in comics does not change her origins as DC Women Kicking Ass explains to everyone.
- Not necessarily geeky, I just thought this was cool. Apparently a Biker Gang is going to protect Maya Angelou’s funeral from the Westboro peeps.
- Here’s a history of Gendered Pronouns via Gretchen McCullock of The Toast. It also explains why using “them” and “they” aren’t greaat alternatives to using gendered pronouns.
- Combining two of my favorite things ever, Andrew Ryan of deviantArt mashes Pokemon with Final Fantasy.
- In the upcoming Tales of Zestiria game, you can fuse with your teammates. This is going to be fun/weird for cross-gendered pairings.
- Los Angeles-based mobile game studio Nix Hydra received $5 million in funding for making games for women. Since their first game’s called “Egg Baby” it’s clear they’re not making awesome Female Fighter games :(
- I’ve recently predicted some upcoming events for Penny Dreadful. io9 has our backs with a handy chart that shows all the sexy encounters of the show. This is going to be invaluable to fans of the show.
- Marvel comics has a spotlight on awesome illustrator Sara Pichelli
- Gail Simone talks about Red Sonja #0 – the issue where we meet Sonja’s husband?
- You should read Lumberjanes because it’s amazing. It’s also sold out of it’s first print run and is going to a second printing.
Now you should be all set for an evening of reading!