Women in Video Games
The past two days were full of news regarding new female characters in several video games.
- Today, Blizzard introduces new female night elf design to World of Warcraft. More (barely discernible) muscle definition!
- Known for their macho man, today Interceptor Entertainment forgoes Duke Nukem for femme fatale Bombshell. I like the robo-arm and despise everything else.
- Ladies’ Might: War of the Vikings Add Shieldmaidens. Shield-maidens are the best.
- Love the Last of Us? Check out this video from the GDC Vault: Ellie’s Buddy AI in The Last of Us
Women in Comics
- Great guest post on DC Women Kicking Ass today called Ms. Marvel, Diversity, Comics, and Me
- A Little History: LGBT Representation in Mainstream American Comics, Part 1. Now you know!
- Future’s End Team Terrific Reverse Whitewashed?
- Today’s genderbent cosplay comes courtesy of Fashionably Geek: Genderbent Lara Croft
- He may not deserve her, but Helena Bertinelli Returns to Comics as Partner to Grayson
- Today I talked about why Black Widow should have her own video game, Tor.com gives us Why Mystique Should Have Her Own Movie
- Cartoon Art museum to Host Queer Comics Expo this June. If you happen to be in San Francisco.
Women in Tech (and WTF)
- Drupal for Women Who Just Googled it. It bears no relation to Droopy dog.
- Lara Hudson explains that Curbing Online Abuse isn’t Impossible. Here’s Where to Start. It gets better!
- Well, this is one of those things I can’t believe is news: Doctor Who names First Female Producer since 2010. Has it seriously been 4 years? Glad I haven’t been watching since then.
- Of Course, Women Are Getting Sexually harassed by Drones. And you thought robots didn’t have feelings. Okay, they don’t yet – but their users do.
- I don’t even. The World’s Oldest Sperm has been discovered and It Is Very Large
And here is a picture of a cat cosplaying as Princess Leia. Have a great day!